Friday, January 26, 2018

First Day at Chiang Rai Rajabhat University



Tuesday, January 23rd 2018

I woke up late this morning. It’s already 7.43 AM, less than 1 hour until Miss Nok pick us up at the hotel. So I prepare myself for our orientation with the President of Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRRU). Miss Nok pick us right after breakfast with the campus bus. Then we’re going to CRRU. It’s 14 degrees outside, making me and some friends frozen. So glad i take my university jacket (almamater) with me so it can warm me. 


We arrived at CRRU. Miss Nok guide us to the orientation room. We met Mr. Teerawat from International Affair, just like Miss Nok. The president came to the room and the orientation begin.
We introduced ourself. Then the president gives us our ID card. The rule is, Mr. Teerawat call our name one by one, and then Miss Nok gave us our ID card. After that, we took a photo with president. When Mr. Teerawat call my name, he pronounced my name with ‘Teewani’ not ‘Tivani’. Just like Miss Nok when she pick me up at the airport yesterday. But I’m okay with that because Miss Nok give me a Thai name too. It’s Tee Wa, means night time. I think it’s quite same with my real name, Tivani and Tee Wa.

After orientation with the president, it’s Mr. Teerawat turn to give us orientation. He show us the previous batch projects. Then he show the videos about Thailand and something else. After that he announced the school that received us. I got Chiang Rai Provincial Administrative School (CRPAO) with Rahmi Haliyanti (Universitas Tadulako, Palu), Tias Subiasti (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung), and Angelica E. Velasco (University of San Jose Recoletos, Philippines). 

We have a lunch break and after that Miss Nok want us to meet our buddy. I got Chompor as my buddy. She’s majoring english education, so funny and talkactive. She shared lot of information about the campus. After introducing with the buddies, we have a campus tour with the shuttle bus. I found that CRRU has a lake, a big beautiful lake. 


This is the picture of me and my buddy, Chompor, before we take a campus tour.

After that we went back to our hotel. Some of us wants to walk around and buy some stuff. That night, I shared my rendang with the others. After dinner, I pack all my luggages because the next morning we will leave the hotel and go to our school.
 

3 comments: