Saturday, February 24, 2018

#5. Teaching Practice



1.      Procedures of Teaching
I followed the procedures of teaching that used by CRPAO. I begin the lesson with greetings the students and Do Now activity. So, in this step, I play a video for the beginning. I let the students watch and pay attention to the video. The duration of the video is only 1 minute. After that, I asked the students what did they think about the video. I usually play video that related to Minangkabau, my hometown. So the students can compare and contrast the situation between their hometown (Chiangrai) and mine (Padang).
After asking students opinions, I explain about the purpose of the lesson. After that I explain about the materials.

2.      Time Management and Organizing Activities
I set the time for every activities in class. This is one of my lesson plans.

The fourth step is Reflection. I have to make sure that the students can identify the natural and man-made things. So I show some pictures and ask them to identify.

3.      Problem-solving
The students are so noisy so I gave them 5 minutes break to refresh their mind.
My mentor gave me some advices when I’m done teaching. She said that I have to let all of the students to speak. Not just for who has a good English. And I have to give a compliment everytime the students did a good job.

4.      Classroom Management
Teacher Frank said that I can easily blending with the students. So, I think I don’t have a problem while managing class. When the students do their worksheet, I always walking around to make sure that they are doing their worksheet. Sometimes the students ask me if they had a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment