Monday, February 12, 2018

Observation and Teaching Designed



January 29th – February 2nd

On the second week, started from January 29, we have to observe classes. After choosing the indicator subject and making lesson plan for Primary 2, I have to observe the Primary classes. First, I observe Teacher Bruno’s classes at Primary 4. I saw how he managed the class. He is a talkactive person and close with the students. I see him manage the class, asked students about the lesson, and gave a simple explanation.
The class talking about energy burns and calories. And Teacher Bruno asked students for the example of energy burns, and how many calories that they need. First, he explain about the tables that have to be filled by the students.
Activity
Energy burns
per hour
Calories need










After students copied that table to their book, Mr. Bruno asked them what kind of activity that they always did outside the school. Then students raised their hand and answer the question. After that Teacher Bruno help the students to find how much the energy burns and calories need by google search engine. Then the students write down the answer to their books.
I quit Teacher Bruno’s class and went to Teacher Frank’s class at Primary 2. This is my practicum class. I already arrange the lesson plan by each indicators. There are 3 indicators that I have to teach: Natural and Man-made Resources, Position and Physical Characteristics, and Relationship between the Earth, Moon, and Sun.
Teacher Frank is really good with the students. He knows how to handle the kids. I love the way he teaches. He don’t stuck into one student, but always moving around and ask the students. He teaches English when I observe his class. So he keep asking students to repeat the sentences until the students get the point. “What time did you take a bath?” he asked one student, and move to another student, asking “What time did he take a bath?” He repeated the method with another sentences.

Teacher Frank walking around the class

After observing 2 classes, I continued my teaching design. I already arranged the lesson plan, so I have to make the power point presentation and student’s worksheets.
Power point presentation for Natural and Man-made Resources

Student’s worksheet for Natural and Man-made Resources indicator.


No comments:

Post a Comment