Saturday, February 24, 2018

#6. Summary and Suggestions



1.      Purposes of Practicum
The purposes of this practicum are: to develop my teaching skill and pedagogy, to practice my english skill, and to gain a broader regional and world view.
Based on my lesson plan, the purposes of teaching are students will be able to:
a.       Identify the natural and man-made resources inside and outside the class.
b.      Identify the differences between natural and man-made resources.
c.       Identify the compass points.
d.      Know the coordinates of Thailand.
e.       Know the borders of Thailand.

2.      Procedures of Practicum
This is my first procedures of teaching practicum with the teaching methods and steps that used by CRPAO School.

Topic: Natural and Man-made Resources
Step
Learning Experiences
Time Allocation
Introduction
1.      I enter the classroom and greet the students.
2.      Students stand up, greet me and Teacher Frank.
“Good afternoon Teacher Frank and Teacher Tivani.”
3.      Greet back the students, then introduce myself.
4.      Asking students. “Are you ready for the lesson?”
5 minutes

Do Now

1.      Showing my power point presentation about Natural and Man-made resources.
2.      Showing 1 minute video about Minangkabau (my hometown).
3.      Asking students opinion.
“What did you see on the video?”
Then students replying with various answers.
“Buffalo!” “Building!” etc.
3 minutes
Purpose
Explain the purpose of this lesson to students.
2 minutes
Work Mode
1.      Showing pictures of natural resources.
“What is this?” I asked.
“That is sky,” they replied.
“Who made the sky? Human?”
“No!!!”
2.      Asking students what did they know about natural resources.
3.      Showing pictures of man-made resources.
“What is this?” I asked.
“Toothpaste!” they answered.
“Who made toothpaste?”
“Human!”
4.      Asking students the differences between natural and man-made resources.
5.      Giving worksheets to the students.
6.      Explain about what they have to do with the worksheet.
“You have to observe this class inside or outside, then you draw the things that you have been seen in this worksheet.”
7.      I give 5 minutes to observe outside the class.
8.      I ask students back to class and mention the things that they have been seen.
9.      I wrote the things on the whiteboard and ask students to identify if it’s natural or man-made.
10.  Students draw the things on their worksheet in 20 minutes.
40 minutes
Reflective
1.      Students collect their worksheet.
2.      I show some pictures on my power point and students have to take a guess.
“Is this natural or man-made?”
And the students answered.
3.      I give compliment to the students with the right guess.
4.      I thank the students for participating and greet them.
“Thank you for your participating and see you tomorrow. Good afternoon.”
10 minutes

Total
60 minutes

3.      Outcomes of Practicum
Outcomes of this practicum, students are able to:
a.       Identify the natural and man-made resources inside and outside the class.
b.      Identify the differences between natural and man-made resources.
c.       Identify the compass points.
d.      Know the coordinates of Thailand.
e.       Know the borders of Thailand.



4.      The Challenges of Practicum
Overall, the challenges of this practicum is the communication with the mentor. I can’t speak Thai and people here didn’t speak English. But we’re trying to communicate through Google Translate.
I never teach primary before and that’s really a challenge for me. In CRPAO, I have to teach Primary 2/1, and I don’t have a serious problem with the class that I have to teach. They can speak english and I can understand them. But sometimes it’s hard to understand their english because their accent. They can’t pronounce some letter, for example: l, r, and v. When they said football sounds like futbon. And sometimes the students are shy and speak with a low voice so I can’t hear them.

5.      Overall Impression
I really impressed with the kindergarten and primary kids. Because they can speak english and that’s good for them. And they are taught by the native speakers.

6.      Suggestion for Future Improvement
I think students in Secondary need English Program too. Because it’s kinda hard for me to talk with the secondary because they can’t speak english. So the next batch can teach secondary too.


This is the video about my whole story in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment